Terms and Conditions for visiting mares
1. All mares must have a negative CEM swab certificate before covering.
2. All mares must be unshod behind and arrive at stud in good bodily condition.
3. The stud reserves the right to refuse any difficult or diseased mares.
4. While every care is taken, no responsibility can be accepted for accident or disease. Veterinary assistance will be called upon at the discretion of Chapel Farm Stud and owners are advised to have adequate insurance cover for accident, theft or disease.
5. Mares will be wormed on arrival and every 6/8 weeks at owners expense and trimmed if necessary.
6. No Foal Free Return (NFFR) if the mare is certified barren by 1st October. NFFR carries forward for one year only to the same mare unless by agreement.
7. All stud and livery fees must be paid in full prior to the mare leaving Chapel Farm Stud.
8. An APHA Breeders Certificate will be issued for the foal conceived by this mating when all fees and expenses have been paid in full and when the mare has produced a live foal. NOTE: Applies to APHA, AQHA or TB mares only.
Stud Fee for Gabriel’s Ghost is £400.00 (Four Hundred Pounds) NFFFR
Grass Keep fees are £25.00 per week. Additional hard feed will be fed if necessary and charged at owners expense.
Terms and Conditions for Foal Sales
Please read carefully. By paying a deposit, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
1. A deposit of £500.00 will secure a foal until weaning. The deposit is non-refundable except in the event of death, failed vetting or if the foal has become unfit for sale.
2. All foals are weaned at approximately 6 months old. The purchaser will be given at least two weeks notice of weaning and full payment and collection is required within 21 days of weaning unless by prior arrangement. If a foal is not collected within this time frame, the foal will be re-offered for sale and the deposit lost. If the foal has been paid for in full and not collected, livery will be charged at £10 per day.
3. All foals are sold with a passport, halter and full APHA paperwork (unless part bred), microchipped and will be regularly wormed and trimmed and will be well handled.
4. The health and well being of the foal is our responsibility until the agreed collection date and must be paid for in full before collection/ delivery. It then becomes the responsibility of the buyer who is advised to have adequate insurance cover.
5. The foal remains the property of Chapel Farm Stud until paid for in full.